7 Things To Ask BEFORE You Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

We’ve written previously about why it is important to really take the time to get to know a prospective attorney before you hire them to handle your personal injury case.  Your case is important to you–it should be important to your attorney, too.  That’s why we’re emphasizing these seven questions that you should ask of every personal injury attorney you speak with about your case.

7 Questions To Ask Before You Hire A Personal Injury Attorney

Will you be the one handling my case from beginning to end, or will someone else be responsible for my case?

Will I be able to reach you on the weekends or after hours if I have an emergency?

Will you help with my property damage claim, or will I be expected to negotiate that part of my case on my own?

If there is limited insurance money available to compensate me for my injuries, will you take more as your fee than I get in my pocket?

How many cases have you personally handled successfully in the last year?

What is your current caseload?

Do you have time to personally handle my case,?

If you don’t like the answers you get–walk away!

It is extremely important that you trust your attorney from day one.  If the attorney you meet with refuses to answer any of these questions, think hard about whether you should hire them.  A good attorney offers honest answers, even to tough questions.

Feel free to print this post for easy reference when you meet with a prospective personal injury attorney.  Remember–it’s YOUR injury, and it’s YOUR case.  Choose the attorney who you feel best with, and don’t settle for anything less than excellent.

Blazejewski & Hansen Personal Injury Attorneys ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE REST.

We handle our client’s cases personally, from beginning to end.

You will always meet the attorney handling your case when you COME IN for YOUR free consultation.

We assist our clients with their property damage claims, free of charge.

We provide contact information so that our clients can get in touch with us personally in the event of emergencies after hours and on weekends.

We maintain a manageable caseload so that we can provide prompt and personal service to our clients.

We never take more as our fee than our clients receive in their pockets.

FILL OUR THE FORM BELOW TO REACH OUR LEGAL TEAM.

NO FEE UNTIL WE WIN.  FREE CONSULTATION.

EXPERIENCED NEW MEXICO CAR AND MOTORCYCLE CRASH ATTORNEYS
WE HAVE RECOVERED MILLIONS FOR INJURED NEW MEXICANS.  20+ YEARS OF COMBINED EXPERIENCE.  AGGRESSIVE REPRESENTATION AND PERSONAL ATTENTION FOR YOUR NEW MEXICO PERSONAL INJURY CASE.  SERVING THE ENTIRE STATE OF NEW MEXICO, INCLUDING ALBUQUERQUE, SANTA FE, LAS CRUCES, TAOS, ROSWELL, FARMINGTON, TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, GALLUP, GRANTS, CARLSBAD, SANTA ROSA, RUIDOSO, LOS ALAMOS, PORTALES, AND MORE.  IF YOU HAVE BEEN HURT IN A CAR OR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT, A BICYCLE CRASH, OR ANOTHER KIND OF ACCIDENT, WE CAN HELP. CONTACT US TODAY. OUR ATTORNEYS ARE STANDING BY TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR CASE.  (505) 554-1660
Blazejewski & Hansen car crash motorcycle accident lawyers albuquerque new mexico

Blazejewsi & Hansen roadrunner logo.

12 thoughts on “7 Things To Ask BEFORE You Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer

1. Bernard Clyde says:

I really like your point that you should trust your attorney from the first day you meet them. I think there is a lot we can learn from first impressions. It’s especially important that you get a good impression of your potential accident attorney so that you are comfortable asking them these questions you’ve posed. That way, you’ll have a much better experience in the end.

2. Rachel Lannister says:

In the article you advised meeting with the attorney and asking them some questions, including what their current caseload is like. If you could get an idea of their caseload, you could know if they could dedicate enough time to really help your case. A friend of mine might be filing a case over a personal injury case, so I’ll be sure he asks similar questions to what you recommended. Thank you for the great article.

3. Frank Delaware says:

A friend of mine was in a pretty bad car accident the other day, and they were thinking about hiring a legal service to help them out with some of the charges. One thing that really stood out to me is that you say to ask them how many cases they have handled in the past year. It would be nice to know that they are constantly taking cases and gaining experience.

4. Chris Winters says:

I like the idea to ask your personal injury attorney about their current case load. I was recently injured in a serious car accident this past week. I definitely think that I should find an attorney that could take time to ensure that we build a solid claim.

5. Derek Bluford Blog says:

These tips are very useful while you are choosing a personal injury lawyer. Always remember when you are hire a lawyer the lawyer should be given sufficient time to discuss your case after hearing. He should be available to rescue you and help 24 hours a day. Don’t hire any busy lawyer, who is not able to give sufficient time to discuss your case.

Derek blueford

6. Sam Solo says:

I like your question about making sure that they actually have the time to take your case. Sometimes lawyers will take on more cases than they can handle, but you want to make sure that you can give you the quality attention you deserve. They are after all, your number one defense in your case.

7. John says:

That makes sense to ask about availability on weekends. You need to know when you can contact a lawyer. I have bad whiplash from a recent accident, so I might even ask a lawyer if they cover personal injury too.

8. Aleshire Mueller says:

I appreciate the part about asking the lawyer whether or not they intend to take a large part of the compensation as the fee. This is important because I need the money to pay off the bills caused by the accident. It would be nice if I am informed so that I am prepared and know what to do. Or at least, I can decide whether or not to choose the lawyer to help me.